If I had a penny for everytime someone asked me " How can I turn this into a business?'' I would would have made a small fortune. Everywhere I go I see people desperate to make a living out of a hobby or skill they have but very few actually do it.I am fotunate to be one of a few who have managed to turn "what they love" to "" what they do" and I have learnt a few lessons in my ten year journey and even more intriguing are the excuses people give for not stepping out.I will share some of the most common excuses I have heard and some of my responses to them:
1.Everybody is doing it now------ Yeah everybody but you.There is always room even in a ''saturated market" for excellent products or services.
2. I am waiting for the right time-----Timing is everything but then dont expect the right time to be a convenient time,the latter doesnt exist.
3.When God says I should go He will make it happen-----God gives grace and opportunity...you make it happen.
4. I can't afford to do it the way I want---Dont let your big dreams intimidate you.Dream big, start small its cheaper.
5.I am too old now----You'll only get older.There is a lot to be said for the wisdom that comes with age.
6.I am too young---- Young is never a bad thing.Use your early headstart to learn more about your craft.
7.I have too many talents,I can'choose which to do---usually one gift is easier to commersialise faster than the others.Use this as a spring board and it could act as a platform to engage your other gifts.
8.I have too many ideas----- Ideas are cheap...do something!
9.The economy is bad----- For who? As long as money is still changing hands in the market .opportunities still abound.
10. I cant do business------ If I can,you can.
11. My family needs the steady income----- Show me a family that doesnt.God is their source not your job. Plan an exit strategy but don't blame your family for your fears.
12 tried it before and failed------ Great now you know ''what not to do"
13. My spouse is not supportive------ Every spouse supports success and passion is contagious! Pray about it and prove to him/her that this is not just another waste of time.
Above all I have come to find out that no amount of preperation,book reading,maturity or even attempts can eliminate the fear that comes with taking a leap of faith....feel the fear but do it anyway,I DID!